Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Are you kidding me?

I went to vote in the primary today and was shocked when I had to tell the nice volunteer whether I wanted the Republican or the Democratic ballot. It seems that you no longer get one ballot and then mark your preference, but now you have to request which party's ballot you want to use.

They mark it on a little slip of paper that you take to your little voting "booth" and then when you are done, you give it to another person to record whatever.

So, in the process of voting, two people--if they cared--now know which party I was voting for. What if the volunteer was a neighbor that I didn't want to have that information?

True, they don't know who I voted for, but still.

Is it me, or is this a terrible violation of my privacy?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment