Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Politics! Ugh!

I did some checking yesterday after my voting experience. I learned that Michigan passed Public Act 52 in September of 2007 which dealt with the primary.

I've also learned that Michigan has 15 congressional districts with 3 delegates from each district, for a total of 45 delegates. Apparently the GOP docked us 50% of our delegates for holding the primary early and breaking RNC rules while the Democrats withdrew their names so as not to break their rules.

So, the way I understand it, we changed our primary to a closed primary to allow participation and give us more relevance on the national scene, and what we ended up with was a primary that did not contain all relevant candidates and likewise penalized us.

I'm not that much into politics, but it doesn't sound very good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment