Monday, February 12, 2018

(VIDEO) Our Glorious Unfolding - Steven Curtis Chapman


Below is a youtube video to one of my favorite songs by Steven Curtis Chapman:  Glorious Unfolding

Before today, I hadn't ever watched the video that goes along with this song.  I have just loved the phrase "glorious unfolding" ever since I heard it.  To me, it is a reminder that God has a plan and usually it takes time for that plan to unfold for us.

While it might be nice to have a hotline to heaven where God could tell us the right decision to make, or the best direction in which we should move, the reality is that through prayer, people and listening, God leads us.

In the quiet of prayer, we are free to talk to God, to ask questions and plead our case. This is also a time for listening.  Sometimes we will be prompted to act.

Through people--their words and actions--God can speak to us words of encouragement, inspiration and comfort.

If we pay attention, God will show us the way.  Sr. Ann Shields told me one time that we don't have to work so hard trying to figure things out.  God will show us the way.

I have always thought that was great advice and I lean into it whenever I feel the need to control an outcome or hurry a decision.

The unfolding of God's plan can take time.  This is not work we should rush through if we want to be sure we are discerning His will.

A brief spiritual direction session also brought this wisdom, another gem I think of often:


I hope you enjoy the song, and have a blessed day!

Janet





No comments:

Post a Comment