Friday, September 13, 2019

Rest in Peace, Mom

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for following my writing and podcasts.

Today I have something else to write about. My mom, Vera Hale, passed away Thursday morning, September 12th after a long battle with advanced COPD. She was able to join in many activities and truly enjoyed her family, right up to the very end. She was a loving, fun, faith-filled mom who continued to teach me so much!

God blessed me with the opportunity to spend time with her nearly every day for the past 7 months. Trust me when I say it is important to follow God's promptings! What a gift it is to accompany a loved one on this journey. If you ever have the opportunity to do so, do not be afraid of what it entails, because it is truly God's gift.

We had many days where we were able to pray together and she loved listening to scripture. We laughed and cried and frustrated each other throughout this time! From this experience I became more dependent on God as I learned to listen and follow the Holy Spirit and just let go when necessary.

This time with Mom provided me with life and faith lessons that will take me a long time to unpack. I am deeply and profoundly changed.

I am feeling so grateful to my family for their patience with me and support throughout this time and I truly am one of the lucky ones to have three incredible brothers with whom I shared this journey. A team in every aspect of the word, we were able to stay connected as we jointly watched over Mom. God is so good!

And let me tell you one of the most beautiful things about this is the ability for Mom to receive the sacraments, both Holy Communion and the Sacrament of the Sick. Through this sacrament she was anointed many times (please don't wait if you have a loved one in need of this!) and she received it the night before she died as well.

I have taught for years the importance of walking the journey with others (rather than rushing through it with Euthanasia) and now I can testify personally to its blessings.

Many of you who know Mom and have been praying for her and us. I am so grateful for your support and want to thank you from the heart for your continuously support.

Eternal rest, grant unto Mom/Vera O Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon her.

May she rest in peace. Amen.

May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment