Thursday, April 11, 2024

The fullness of the Spirit

 


In the Gospel of John, Chapter 3, Jesus tells us the Father "does not ration his gift of the Spirit."

What might that mean for you and me?

When I teach about Confirmation, I stress that the Holy Spirit is not parceled out to us, as if we get a little at Baptism, and the rest at Confirmation.

No, that is not the case at all. When we are baptized, we fully receive the Holy Spirit, and what a gift this is to us!  One, I think, we under-utilize, for sure.

I recently had something come up that probably would have caused me some stress, but because of a renewed sense of the Holy Spirit in my life, I found myself surprisingly un-stressed.

Knowing that the Holy Spirit is with you, and fully trusting in that, brings you to a uniquely, blessed place, often of peace.

Take some time during this Easter season, as we lead up to Pentecost on May 19th, and reflect on the gift of the Holy Spirit which Jesus gave to us when he ascended into Heaven.

Ascension is 40 days after Easter (May 9th) and Pentecost follows 10 days later.  Read all about it in the beginning chapters of the Acts of the Apostles and thank God for such a great gift.

Happy Easter!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy



No comments:

Post a Comment