Thursday, May 30, 2024

Righting the ship

 

 

We had a chance to tour an out-of-commission lightship called the Huron.  It was a very nice ship museum (dry-docked).  As we began to walk around it, I felt like I was in one of those roadside Mystery Spot houses that make you feel like you are walking on an angle.

I asked about it and the museum docent explained that it was related to the anchor and how it affected the tilt of the ship. 

This ship that we call the Church also has an anchor--Jesus.  As we move about, there may be times when we feel a little off-kilter, always being challenged as we are, to steady ourselves when our steps feel a little off.

But the truth is, it is Jesus on whom we should rely during those times we need steadying, when we just can't seem to get our bearings.  He is the one who gives us direction, keeps us upright when we feel like we are going to fall, and ultimately, the one who never leaves us alone in the storms of life. 

There are lots of ways we describe Jesus--the light in a storm, for one. These practical designations are always a good reminder for us when we are going through hard times.

So whether you see Jesus as an anchor, a light in a storm, the Good Shepherd or the Bread of Life--the important thing is that you know that you can always count on him as Savior, leading our way to eternal life.

I invite you to subscribe to my blog so you never miss a post, and "follow" me on Facebook as well.  I like to post in both places because I know some people prefer one over the other.  I would appreciate it if you would share my posts with your friends as well!

Thank you!!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy





 

No comments:

Post a Comment