Saturday, January 8, 2022

Happy New Year!

So we needed to call our cable company to find out why our bill increased.  We called the service number and could not talk to a live agent.  The recording kept telling us to click on the link they automatically sent to my smart phone.  I've never had that happen before.

But, I didn't want to do that.  Assuming I know more than they do, and just wanting to talk to a real person like I used to do in the olden days, I kept trying to run through the phone prompts.  FINALLY exasperated, I tried it their way.

It worked!  The link they sent me put us in touch with an agent on chat, who set us up with a callback and before too long, a real, live person called us!

I won't give you all the gory details that followed our callback except to say that after another two hours we finally got someone in the Philippines who could take care of our problem.

Fortunately, in between all of the phone calls I was able to make a batch of chocolate no-bake cookies.  However, the cookies wouldn't set so they ended up in the freezer. 

I will admit that at one point--at the height of my irritation--I contemplated pushing a spoon through one of those soft, gooey, sweet, warm piles of sugar trying to set on the table next to me.  

I know, life is rough.

But don't feel sorry for me.  In case you were wondering, we got a better deal on our cable bill and the frozen cookies are actually edible.

One thing I learned that is true--good things do come to those who wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.

Here's to hoping the start to your new year is filled with short wait times, good deals, and sweet deliciousness!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment